The Church of the Transfiguration in Braddock Heights MD had experienced problems with the existing Church building for some time before experiencing significant growth in the size of the congregation. The decision to construct a new building was in part due to the cost of renovation/repair and partly due to the size of the congregation.
The new church was designed specifically to take advantage of their organ’s sound system. The design of the new church also included modern restroom facilities, a crying room, sound booth, and baptismal. The basement was left unfinished to minimize the cost while allowing for future growth of congregation.
Following completion of the new church the congregation elected to move ahead with renovations to the old building which is currently used for auxiliary functions.
Jack Cash’s involvement in this project included:
- Detailed review of construction documents
- Solicitation of General Contractors
- General Contractor bid analysis and recommendation to Owner
- Construction Oversight and liaison between Design Team, General Contractor and Church’s Building Committee
- Conducted regular progress meetings
- Reviewed shop drawings
- Reviewed and Approved all Applications for Payment