Dillon Development Partners, LLC serves as the Development Director for Western Development Corporation, a prominent DC developer coordinating the master-planning for the Ballpark District development area. The Ballpark District will offer five exciting, fully integrated yet distinctive areas for the more than 2.5 million fans attending Washington Nationals games, the residents of Washington, DC and play a vital role in the City’s tourism industry. Through a mixed-use development plan, the Southeast Ballpark District will provide homes, shopping and entertainment for everyone. The program includes popular major retailers intermixed with boutique stores and restaurants along active streets. This project is currently in its pre-construction phase.
The Ballpark District development has numerous complex issues requiring our firm’s expertise in managing the multitude of development processes associated with pre-development feasibility, integration of goals into master planning/development strategy, financing, traffic access, parking, governmental approvals and coordination of multiple governmental and private interests.
As Development Director, Dillon Development Partners role includes:
- Coordination and integration of separate development programs, each created by existing Ballpark District stakeholders (including DC Sports & Entertainment Commission, Anacostia Waterfront Corporation and three private developers with development rights for public land) into a single Ballpark District Development Strategy.
- Creation of the building program targeting specific needs for retail, residential, office and hospitality development.
- Interviewing and selection of consultants included on the master planning team.
- Directing the design team to provide for specific densities for specific uses to support the collective goals of the stakeholders.
- Financial modeling for the projected returns on investment and government tax revenues
- Exploring bond funding and public infrastructure uses for government supported TIF and PILOT Financing
- Preparing Development Phase Program.
- Project Cost Estimating.
- Construction Phasing Program.
- Coordination and Production of materials required for use in meetings with Government Officials, Land Owners and Members of the Development Group
- Participating, Coordinating and Leading meetings with Government Officials, Land Owners and Members of Development Group
- Provide Oversight of Design, Public Approval Process and Construction of Southeast Ballpark District